21 Nov Corona Dental en Málaga
Dental Crown in Malaga
Teeth weaken over time, either as a result of habitual wear, a bad bite or poorly cared dental treatment. If you are looking for a clinic to perform a dental crown in Malaga, you are in the right place.
Next, we will talk about dental crowns, what they are, the types that exist, prices, and other dental importance.
What are dental crowns
If you do not know what dental crowns are, below we will explain what they are about and why they are so well known in the world of dentistry and dental aesthetics.
Dental crowns are a type of dental prosthesis, similar to covers, that perform a total restoration on a tooth that has suffered some type of oral disease such as cavities, bruxism, trauma, etc. They can even completely restore a tooth.
If your tooth does not have the proper anatomy, structure, or coloration, this type of dental treatment is also usually performed.
Dental crowns are custom made for each specific patient.
Next, we discuss the different types of dental crowns that exist.
Types of dental crowns
Well, in relation to the types of dental crowns, the classification starts from the type of material with which these prostheses are designed. There are many types but the most common are porcelain and composite.
- Porcelain crowns. It is used in a very natural way and it can be combined with a color that is most natural to our teeth before treatment. Although, being made of such a hard material makes it more fragile than resin crowns, but at the same time they are more durable than any type of crown, and can last up to 10 years.
- Resin crowns. These crowns are less durable but much more comfortable and resistant. It is an alternative in which the tooth is formed in much more detail than any other type of crown, starting from the taking of measurements and the implementation on the tooth itself.
Other less common but still current crowns are metallic, acrylic, metal, alumina or zirconium.
- Metal dental crowns. These are characterized by their resistance and durability. The drawback of this material is that it is not very aesthetic.
- Acrylic dental crowns. They are another type of material with which a dental crown can be made. Unlike the metallic ones, they are aesthetically good and cheap, but they are not resistant and have little durability.
- Porcelain on metal, they are the most traditional dental crowns and used by most of the world. When we visit the clinic and the dentist tells us about dental veneers, he is surely referring to these. Its characteristics are the same as the metallic ones but, removing the inconvenience of these, its aesthetics. These porcelain-on-metal dental crowns are aesthetically pleasing and also have long-lasting durability and good resistance.
- Porcelain on alumina, it is another type of dental crown very similar to porcelain on metal, the only difference is found in its aesthetics. Alumina dental crowns fulfill the function of the metallic core of the previous ones, but they have a similar color to the tooth, which achieves better physical results. The drawback of these is that they are not as resistant as metal ones.
- Porcelain on zirconium. These are the most modern ones, they have the advantages of the aluminum ones but they fit like the metal ones.
- Lithium disilicate. They may be the ones with the best aesthetic results due to their high translucency.
How much does a dental crown cost?
We already know the types of dental crowns that exist. But how much does a dental crown cost? Well, the price of the dental crown will depend, logically, on the type of dental crown we choose.
Metal dental crowns normally have a price that ranges between 90 and 150 euros, while ceramic or porcelain ones have a higher price, ranging from 190 to 500 euros.
Other questions about dental crowns
There are many questions that you ask yourself about dental crowns, for this reason, at Clínica Gallardo y Jiménez we answer the most common questions that may arise in your head when making a prosthesis with a dental crown.
Can a root canal be done if I have a dental crown?
The answer is yes, if you can do a root canal if you have a dental crown.
Although the most common is that, once the endodontics is carried out, in the cases in which it is necessary, the treatment of the dental crown is carried out.
The cases in which a dental crown is usually placed after a root canal are when the tooth has suffered a strong deterioration. The dental crown will do a double function, stabilize and protect the tooth.
Does it hurt to put a dental crown?
Another of the most frequent questions that you ask yourself is if it hurts to put a dental crown. The answer is no, it doesn’t hurt to get a dental crown.
Being a custom-made piece for each patient, they may feel slight pressure when it is being placed, but far from severe pain.
Can a dental crown be removed and put back on?
Finally, another question that you ask yourself a lot is whether you can remove a dental crown and put it back on. The answer is yes. On some occasions the dental crown may end up falling off and must be put back.
Of course, this must be done by a professional, since materials and equipment are needed for its placement.
So far everything you need to know about dental crowns. If you need any kind of query or more information, get in touch with us!
At Clínica Gallardo y Jimenez, our clinic in Cala de Mijas we offer you the best techniques and treatments in each specialty.
La respuesta es no, no duele ponerse una corona dental.
Al ser una pieza hecha a medida para cada paciente, este puede notar una leve presión cuando se este colocando, pero lejos de un dolor fuerte.
¿Se puede quitar una corona dental y volver a poner?
Por último, otra pregunta que os hacéis mucho es si se puede quitar una corona dental y volver a poner. La respuesta es sí. En algunas ocasiones la corona dental puede terminar cayéndose y debe volver a poner.
Eso sí, esto debe ser a manos de un profesional, ya que se necesita de los materiales y equipamiento para su colocación.
Hasta aquí todo lo que debes saber sobre las coronas dentales. Si necesitas algún tipo de consulta o más información, ¡Ponte en contacto con nosotros!
En Clínica Gallardo y Jimenez, nuestra clínica en la Cala de Mijas te ofrecemos las mejores técnicas y tratamientos en cada especialidad.