All about tooth whitening: techniques and benefits
Tooth whitening in Mijas, Málaga at Gallardo & Jiménez Dental Clinic
Tooth whitening is a cosmetic dental treatment that more and more people are demanding due to its spectacular results. It has come a long way in recent years to use techniques that do not damage the teeth and leave them whiter and brighter. Whitening can be used on all teeth or just one tooth.
Teeth whitening is a revolutionary aesthetic treatment that improves the color of teeth, achieving whiter and brighter teeth. It can be done on all teeth or on only one tooth that may be obscured.
Tooth whitening techniques at Gallardo & Jiménez
- Whitening in a dental clinic: we apply the whitening product and activate it with a laser light. There are various concentrations within the whitening products used in professional clinics, and the one we use at Gallardo & Jiménez is 40% hydrogen peroxide, which is the most powerful. In just two 15-minute sessions we manage to reduce two tones.
- Whitening at home: with a plastic splint, people can whiten their teeth at home with products that have a low concentration of hydrogen peroxide. To get results, they need to be applied every day for 40 minutes.
- Combination tooth whitening: has both an in-clinic and at-home part. Custom-made splints are made for the patient, which are given to him/her together with the whitening kit. In our dental clinic we will explain the procedure to you and we will give you appointments to monitor the evolution.
Obviously, the success of tooth whitening will not only depend on the chosen method but also on other peculiarities, such as the patient’s characteristics, such as their habits, age, enamel porosity, color of their teeth, etc.
In addition, oral cleaning is essential before treatment in order to eliminate all external stains and ensure that the product has maximum efficiency.
In cases of severe staining such as tetracycline staining, if the effect of tooth whitening is not the desired one we will opt for other aesthetic techniques such as veneers.
How long does teeth whitening last?
The results of tooth whitening will depend on several factors. In the first place, it will depend on the patient and the genetics. Another important factor is food and habits.
What can I eat during whitening?
For better results, a white diet (milk, rice, chicken, etc.) is recommended. At the clinic we will give you a complete and detailed list .
Does teeth whitening cause sensitivity?
During treatment, an increase in tooth sensitivity may occur, which will depend on each patient. Patients who present dental sensitivity before or during the treatment will give them specific instructions and explain how to carry out the treatment.
The main benefits of professional tooth whitening
Some tools have emerged to do tooth whitening at home, but they do not have the same results as a professional tooth whitening in a clinic like Gallardo & Jiménez Dental Clinic.
The main benefits of having this treatment at our centre are the following:
- Aesthetics: this is undoubtedly the main benefit that our patients are looking for, improving their image by having whiter and more beautiful teeth.
- Image: a person with a perfect white smile gives a much better image to their personal and work environment, as well as bringing a lot of brightness to the face.
- Self-esteem: there are many patients who are afraid to smile because they don’t like the color of their teeth. That is why tooth whitening improves their self-esteem and confidence.
- For everyone: tooth whitening can be done on all types of patients and has no side effects. Consult our dentist first to find out all the characteristics of this treatment.
- Oral health: tooth whitening is painless and has short and long term effects. It does not damage the enamel and often encourages people to take better care of their oral health.
Contact us to find out more about tooth whitening.
Ortodoncista especializada en estética dental, ortodoncia y endodoncia, con un amplio bagaje profesional siempre aportando el mejor tratamiento posible, donde te acompañaremos durante todo tu proceso para que te sientas cómodo y seguro.